Waterford City and County Council launched the “Shop Waterford, Support Local” brand in May 2020 in response to the challenges posed by COVID-19 to the retail sector across Waterford City and County. To date the Shop Waterford campaign has been supported by numerous businesses and enjoys extensive community engagement.
The Shop Waterford brand aims to:
- To create local awareness of the economic impact of Shop Local and Support Local amongst Waterford people.
- To create local pride in the Waterford shopping experience and for Waterford people to act as brand ambassadors.
- Promote Waterford as a vibrant and authentic retail destination to a wider audience within Ireland and create a balance to current retail leakage outside the South East region.
- Engage actively with retail and food and beverage businesses to feature the unique and independent nature of the Waterford shopping experience.
- Actively promote Waterford City and towns and villages as place to Shop, Eat and Enjoy to shoppers outside Waterford and the South East.
- Promote the Shop Waterford brand across the City and County and create brand visibility in street and road signage.
- Create brand clarity for the promotion of Waterford as a retail destination in order to increase footfall in our Town and City centres.
- Waterford is a vibrant and authentic retail destination with a broad range of high street retailers, independent boutiques, shoe stores and artisan craft retailers all complimented by a vibrant café culture.
- The visitor experience in Waterford City Centre, Dungarvan Town Centre, Tramore Town and across all of the towns and villages from east to west Waterford is enhanced by the ongoing investment in our high quality public realm.
To find out more or to become part of Shop Waterford, please email business@Waterfordcouncil.ie and join the conversation about supporting local.
TW: @shop_waterford, FB: @shoplocalwaterford, Instagram @shopwaterford1