Waterford City Region is the 6th fastest growing region in the EU in terms of job growth. The Waterford City Region is creating Unemployment rate >1,000 additional jobs annually. 40% of new jobs are being created in high-value added sectors in high-Tech Manufacturing, Professional, Scientific and ICT Sectors.
Waterford City Region is ranked 2nd, 3rd and 4th place winners of European Cities and Regions of the Future 2018/2019 for economic potential, business friendliness and FDi Strategy in its population category.
- Glanbia announced plans to build a new €140 million cheese manufacturing facility in Belview.
- Bausch & Lomb will create 100 jobs as part of a €115 million investment. The 100 new jobs will be in addition to the 1,350 employees currently employed in Waterford.
- West Pharma will create 300 new jobs at the Waterford site which is a high-end €100 million investment into a Greenfield site.
- Eirgen/Opko Health’s decision to establish their global R&D centre of excellence means an additional 125 jobs which will double the current workforce to 250.
- Eurofins Scientific has announced plans to create an additional 175 new jobs in Waterford and bring their Waterford based workforce to 500.
- Bluefin, a leader in secure payment platforms for merchants has established its European headquarters in Waterford.
- The Agora Companies, the global publishing consortium, has brought 125 additional jobs to its Waterford offices in digital publishing, software development, technical support and customer services.
- Sanofi has recently invested €200 million into the Waterford based biotechnology campus. Lantus, Sanofi’s insulin brand is now added to the list of products made at the Waterford site.